2018 property tax notices will be mailed out on May 31, 2018.
Payments are due by June 30, 2018.
Please pay early to ensure payments are processed on time to avoid a three per cent penalty on July 1. Taxpayers who do not receive their tax notice by Tuesday, June 5, 2018, should contact the Town Office at 780-987-8300.
Even though property tax dollars are collected in Devon, it doesn't all stay within the Town. Under provincial legislation, Devon must collect property taxes on behalf of Alberta Education and the Leduc Foundation to pay for education and affordable seniors housing. The tax rate has been set for 2018.
Property taxes are due June 30 each year.
There are several options for payment including:
- In person at the Town Office at 1 Columbia Avenue West, Devon, AB
- Our pre-authorized plan (PAP) to make convenient monthly payments
- Electronic payments - note, not all financial institutions have the same payment deadlines. Please ensure you check with yours for cut-off and processing times when paying online or by phone
- Postdated cheques may be dropped off with the detachable portion of the tax notice at the Town Office anytime at the front reception
The Town of Devon's assessment and tax timeline is as follows:
- End of March: Property Assessment Notices are mailed out
- April-May: Staff available to respond to questions about your property assessment
- Late May: Property assessment appeals must be received by the clerk of the Assessment Review Board
- Mid-May: Council sets the tax rates for the next year
- End of May: Property tax bills are mailed out
- End of June: Property tax payments are due on June 30 each year.
See our Finance FAQ here for more information!