Protective Services

Community Peace Officers

A Community Peace Officer (CPO) is a person who works to uphold and enforce certain laws and regulations in Alberta. A CPO is given limited powers and authority under the Alberta Peace Officer Act .

The town peace officers are responsible for animal control, complaints, bylaw issues and traffic control. They can be seen throughout the town and parks enforcing local bylaw, and certain provincial laws: the Gaming and Liquor Act, the Safety Act and the Environmental Act. For more information, please follow this link to the Town of Devon's Municipal Enforcement Plans.

Community Peace Officers are also involved in community liaison with schools and youth groups etc.

Details on enforcement can be found in the Bylaw and Policy section of this website.

The Town of Devon does not provide 24 hour peace officer service. However, if you have a concern please call and leave your name, contact number and a BRIEF message regarding the nature of the concern. A peace officer will contact you within 24 business hours.

Animal Licensing

Animal Registration Form


Community Peace Officer: 780-987-3440

(Not available 24 hours)

In case of an emergency, always dial 911.  

Contact Us

Town of Devon Municipal Office
1 Columbia Avenue West
Devon, AB  T9G 1A1

Phone: 780-987-8300
Fax: 780-987-4778
Email: General Inquiries


Follow Us

Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Flickr. Join the conversation!

devon facebookdevon twitterdevon youtube

Also visit our Cycling Events website
Bike Town at

Terms Of Use | Privacy Statement | Copyright 2017 © Town of Devon
Login | | Website by WebmontonMedia