Protective Services

Community Peace Officers

A Community Peace Officer (CPO) is a person who works to uphold and enforce certain laws and regulations in Alberta. A CPO is given limited powers and authority under the Alberta Peace Officer Act .

The town peace officers are responsible for animal control, complaints, bylaw issues and traffic control. They can be seen throughout the town and parks enforcing local bylaw, and certain provincial laws: the Gaming and Liquor Act, the Traffic Safety Act and the Environmental Protection Act. For more information, please follow this link to the Town of Devon's Municipal Enforcement Plans.

Community Peace Officers are also involved in community liaison with schools and youth groups etc.

Details on enforcement can be found in the Bylaw and Policy section of this website.

The Town of Devon does not provide 24 hour peace officer service. However, if you have a concern please call and leave your name, contact number and a BRIEF message regarding the nature of the concern. A peace officer will contact you within 24 business hours.

Secure Site for Reporting Municipal Bylaw Incidents

Devon protective services is implementing a new way for citizens to report municipal bylaw incidents and/or concerns to our peace officers. Effective January 17 2012, bylaw issues can be reported online with our new step-by-step reporting system. The peace officers will respond within 48 hours of receiving the report. For more information, please contact the peace officers via email at or via phone at (780) 987-3440.

Animal Licensing

Animal Registration Form


Community Peace Officer: 780-987-3440
(Not available 24 hours)

In case of an emergency, always dial 911.

Terms Of Use | Privacy Statement | Copyright 2018 © Town of Devon
Login | | Website by WebmontonMedia