Peace Cemetery is a non-denominational cemetery operated by the Town of Devon and located on a quiet country road just off of Highway 19. Town staff are available to assist you in selecting and purchasing a plot that will meet the needs and wishes of you and/or your loved one. When burial arrangements are required, Town staff will coordinate the preparation of the gravesite with the funeral home of your choice or with you directly.
Perpetual Care Program
The Town of Devon provides ongoing care of the cemetery and all plots (excluding markers) at no additional cost or fee, other than the original purchase price. The town also provides ongoing improvement, preservation and enhancement services.
Field of Honour
A section of Peace Cemetery has been set aside as a Field of Honour for the burial of any person who has been in active service with the forces of Her Majesty or Her Majesty's allies. Spouses may also qualify for internment in the Field of Honour.
- Ash Plots (Cremation Burial) A section of Peace Cemetery has been designated to accommodate funeral urns. Smaller in size, ash plots can accommodate a maximum of two urns each. Urns or urn vaults must not exceed 18" inches (length) by 18" inches (width).
- Standard Plots (Traditional Burial) Standard plots in Peace Cemetery are designed to accommodate one casket*. Standard plots can also accommodate up to a maximum of six urns*.
Please note: All casket burials require the installation of a concrete liner. This may be purchased from the Town of Devon or from the funeral home of your choice.
*Standard plots can accommodate both a casket AND up to six urns, however, the casket and liner MUST be interred first.
Notice of Burial
- Weekdays The Town of Devon requires a minimum of two business days notice to prepare a gravesite for burial. A shorter notice may be acceptable or a longer notice period may be required depending on climatic conditions. Please contact the Town of Devon to discuss your particular requirements prior to making any firm arrangements. We will always do our best to accommodate and make every effort to assist you.
- Weekends, Evenings & Holidays Burials that occur on Saturdays, Sundays, evenings or holidays are subject to overtime charges and require four business days notice. Please consult the Town of Devon for more information.
Standard - $550
Cremation - $350
Field of Honour - $300
Please note: Prices include a concrete runner, supplied by the Town of Devon, to accommodate a standard-sized monument. Please note monument specifications below.
Opening & Closing
Casket - $400
Urn - $170
Overtime - $200 (flat rate)
Statutory Holiday Overtime - $400 (flat rate)
Concrete Liner - $665
Monument Inspection - $30
All prices are plus GST and are listed for adults only. Please inquire for all other requirements.
- Flat, pillow or upright monuments are accepted in Peace Cemetery.
- All monuments must be placed on a concrete runner (supplied by the Town of Devon).
- No vases, etc. may be set on the grass.
- No inverted vases may be cut through the concrete runner.
- Please note: Monuments must not exceed 3' feet, 6" inches (length) x 1' foot, 2" inches (width) x 4' feet, 10" inches (height). (see form below for complete details)
It is important that your chosen monument company are aware of our specifications for monuments as we cannot accommodate any deviation due to the layout of the runners. Any inqueries should be directed to the town office prior to purchase, as the town is not responsible for monument design or installation and is not liable for purchases made without a permission to install form signed by a Town of Devon representative.
IS IT ESSENTIAL THAT YOUR CHOSEN MONUMENT COMPANY COMPLETE AND RETURN THE PERMISSION TO INSTALL FORM BEFORE PURCHASE TO ENSURE THAT ALL GUIDELINES ARE MET.
Contact the Town Office at 780.987.8300 or see our brochure.
If you need assistance completing the plot purchase form please call the office at 780.987.8300
Plot Purchase Form
Urn Placement Option Details
Monument Sizes Restrictions and Inspection Form
Memorial and Commemorative Opportunities
The Town of Devon offers a variety of opportunities for memorial purposes. Please see our brochure for more information.