The Town of Devon Community Peace Officers work closely with the Devon RCMP to maintain peace and security within Devon. Devon's Peace Officers are authorized by the Alberta Solicitor General to perform a range of duties under the authority of the Peace Officer Act.
Complaint and General Inquiries Line
For bylaw complaints, parking complaints, driving complaints, inquries about tickets, bylaws or other general information, call 780-987-3440.
Community Peace Officer Services
Some of the services that our Community Peace Officers provide includes:
- Enforcement of Province of Alberta statutes such as:
- Animal Protection Act
- Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act
- Gaming, Liquor & Cannabis Act
- Petty Trespass Act
- Tobacco Reduction Act
- Traffic Safety Act
- Trespass to Premise Act
- Investigating and enforcing municipal bylaws and select provincial legislation complaints
- Traffic safety services
- Animal control duties
- Assisting the RCMP and Emergency Services
- Patrolling neighbourhoods all around Devon
- Assisting with security at Town events
- Responding to and investigating collisions within Devon's town limits
- Delivering proactive safety programs throughout the community
Devon's Peace Officers operate fully marked patrol vehicles.