1. To have fun, with no reason needed to celebrate!
2. To meet your neighbours. Knowing who lives in your neighbourhood will help improve safety and prevent crime.
3. To establish a sense of belonging to the community.
4. To foster community spirit. Neighbours who know each other are more likely to look out for each other.
5. To meet neighbours who you might want to exchange skills or resources with (babysitting co-op, book club, walking to school duties, new friends for you and your children, personal networking).
6. To encourage neighbours to look after their neighbourhood and strengthen community spirit.
7. To learn a little about each other and determine who might need a little extra help from time to time.
8. To have an opportunity to meet some of the long-time neighbourhood residents and learn about your communities.
9. To plan other projects in your neighbourhood i.e. clean-up day followed by a barbeque once all the work is done.
10. To start a tradition of getting together at least once a year!
Watch this area for commonly visited areas of our website, or areas that are current or new.
Stay informed and get the latest news on whats happening in Devon. the "Our Devon" newsletter is published quarterly. Provide your email address and we'll let you know when each new edition comes out.
Municipal Office Contact
Town of Devon Municipal Office
1 Columbia Avenue West
Devon, AB T9G 1A1
Google Map: View Large Map
Follow Us! We'd love to hear from you.