Town of Devon > Services > Public Safety > Animal Control & Licensing
> Public Safety > Animal Control & Licensing

Animal Control & Licensing

Devon Protective Services provides animal control services for Devon residents. 

To register a complaint about any animal issues in the community, please contact our Community Peace Officers Dispatch Line at 1-825-316-2008 or submit an online complaint here.

Animal Licensing

All domestic animals in Devon require a license with the Town. To license your pet, please fill out our registration form and return it with payment to the Town of Devon Office. Forms are also available at the Town Office.

Click here for the Animal ID registration form

Special Animal Permit Applications

Devon's Responsible Animal Ownership Bylaw allows for residents to have certain non-domestic animals such as chickens (hens) and bees on their property provided they are approved by Town Council. Residents wishing to house special animals can apply for a Special Permit through the Town. 

In order to complete the Special Permit, residents must first register online at the Government of Alberta Identification website to receive their unique Premises Identification Number (PID#).

Completed applications can be emailed to or hand delivered at the Town of Devon Office with "Attn: Protective Services".

Residents who are currently housing special animals such as chickens in Devon without a special permit are encouraged to contact Devon Protective Services to receive proper permits and important information regarding the regulation of non-domestic animals in Alberta.

P: 1-825-316-2008

Lost or Found Animals

Found a pet?

If you find a lost or stray domestic animal, your first step is to locate any identifiers on the animal (collar tag or tattoo) to see if you can reunite it with the owner.

If you are unable to, or uncomfortable trying to reunite the animal with its owner, please contact our Community Peace Officers by calling the Dispatch Line at 1-825-316-2008 and a CPO will follow up you as quickly as possible and arrange pick up of the animal to transport it to the shelter. Please be advised that after hour calls will be followed up on the next available shift.

Deceased Animal Removal

Community Peace Officers do not provide removal and disposal of deceased animals.

  • For removal of deceased animals on Town-owned land, please contact Devon's Public Works department at 780-987-3342.
  • For removal of deceased animals from Provincial Highways in the Devon area, please contact Emcon Highway Services at 780-963-5711.

Finding what you're looking for? If not, try a Search

Featured Sections

Watch this area for commonly visited areas of our website, or areas that are current or new.

Get our Newsletter

Stay informed and get the latest news on whats happening in Devon. the "Our Devon" newsletter is published quarterly. Provide your email address and we'll let you know when each new edition comes out.

Sign up for our Newsletter

Get Our Devon News by Email

Contact Us

Municipal Office Contact
Town of Devon Municipal Office
1 Columbia Avenue West
Devon, AB T9G 1A1

 Phone: 780-987-8300
 Fax: 780-987-4778
 Google Map: View Large Map

Follow Us! We'd love to hear from you.

Terms Of Use | Privacy Statement Copyright 2024 © Town of Devon
Login | | Built with by WebmontonMedia